March is here and if you don’t have your ducks in a row already, now is the time to get to it. Our handy checklist will help get you on your way:
- Reconcile your bank accounts in your accounting system as at 31 March 2021.
- Schedule a stocktake on 31 March 2021.
- Record work-in-progress at cost, and write-off anything non-recoverable.
- Tidy up any bad debts. Remove from the debtors’ ledger and make a note of these.
- Prepare debtors & creditors lists (March invoices paid in April).
- Gather all home office expense details.
- Review the fixed assets schedule.
- Count the cash on hand on 31 March 2021.
- Clear the suspense account before 31 March 2021.
- Update your log book and calculate the percentage of business use on the vehicle.
- Keep a record of any date sensitive reports e.g. debtors aged trial balance
- Complete your annual accounting questionnaire as accurately as possible.
Call us if you have
any questions or need help with preparing your year end records.
Early Birds : 2021 End Of Year Questionnaires
For those who need their accounts done early we have uploaded 31 March 2021 end of financial year questionnaires so you can make a start.
This can be downloaded here.